Thursday, September 24, 2009

CC: William Goodrich

Dear Mr Arbuckle
I am writing to inform you that
we have been watching
and it's high time we apologized

for believing the lies
the grievous slander, the malice
that reduced you to a shell
of your former self

People feed on rumor and conjecture
willingly poisoning themselves
without any concern to what horror
the victim is going through

It took us eighty years
but the truth of your innocence
has finally taken precedence
as it always should have

In closing, Mr Arbuckle,
you are a genius, a brilliant man
and comedy holds you in its debt
for so many reasons




Please, take the time to learn the truth about Roscoe Arbuckle.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is really a beautiful poem. I'm sure during his life this was all he wanted to hear. Thank you for taking the time to honor him!

Flapper Flickers + Silent Stanzas said...

Thank you Elizabeth! I don't know too much about Roscoe yet, but the way he was treated broke my heart. If I can help in some little way to brighten his tarnished memory, then I've done some good. Glad you liked it! ^_^

Lya de Putti said...

This is lovely x