Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Navigator (1924) and Our Hospitality (1923)

Being that I forgot about these reviews (for shame!) they will be short and sweet.

The Navigator:



Sweet, funny film. Not my favorite of Buster's - seemed a bit overlong - but definitely enjoyable. Our Hero winds up adrift on a passenger boat along with his best girl - and encounters quite a few obstacles whilst trying to get to land. The best sequence for me was attempting breakfast in the kitchen. *grins* I can't help but wonder how much of it was made up on the spot.

I give it:




Our Hospitality:



This was good. Our Hero falls in love with a girl...only to find she's a member of the family his family's been fighting with for years! A Hatfield-McCoy spoof that is very effective. I loved the dinner sequence, with the brothers. Giggled myself silly through the whole picture. =D

I give it:

No comments: